MARVEL STADIUM UPDATE COVID-19
The AFL have announced that it would immediately move to suspend the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership season at the conclusion of Round 1 matches and conclude the NAB AFL Women’s season as a result of the continuing spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The following decisions relating to the Toyota AFL Premiership Season and NAB AFLW Competition have been made:
- Immediate move to suspend the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership season at the conclusion of this weekend’s matches and conclude the NAB AFL Women’s season.
- There will not be a premiership awarded for this NAB AFLW season.
- Suspension of all games until May 31, 2020.
- Plan is to play all remaining 144 games this year and the competition would need to remain agile and flexible on when those games were scheduled and when play returned.
- The only way that footy can find a way through is to continue to be agile, flexible and – most importantly – united.
View the AFL’s full statement here.
This is an unprecedented situation and we are asking all stadium and club members as well as fans who have purchased tickets for upcoming matches to remain patient as we work through all details and implications of the current situation.
In collaboration with the AFL, we will continue to provide updates on future arrangements when available.
We continue to take the advice of the Australian and Victorian Governments with the health and wellbeing of our staff and patrons our number one priority.
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services has a hotline for public information on COVID-19: 1800 675 398. Further information is also available at https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus