Stadium Upgrade FAQ's
When will the project be finished?
The project is expected to be completed in 2023. Importantly, the stadium will remain operational throughout the term of the project.
What are the planned improvements to the stadium and surrounding Docklands Precinct?
The Marvel Stadium upgrade will include a number of improved facilities for fans including but not limited to:
- Large scale upgrades to public food and beverage areas to provide a range of contemporary offerings for the fans, including provision for healthier food options
- Improvements to the stadium’s technology including new large screen videoboards, lighting and audio visual
- A new eastern entry to the stadium with views back to the Melbourne CBD
- A sensory room and changing places facility to cater for people with disabilities
- Integration of universal design principles to ensure the redevelopment caters for the entire community.
Will the stadium redevelopment impact on access/capacity for upcoming sport and entertainment events?
The Marvel Stadium project delivery team is working through the operational requirements of the stadium to work in with the stadium’s year-round calendar of sport and entertainment events. Importantly, the venue will remain operational through the term of the project.