CAREERS AT MARVEL STADIUM
Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages Melbourne’s premier sports and entertainment venue, Marvel Stadium. We are a company with a culture that strives for high performance and encourages continual improvement and innovation. Marvel Stadium is known for its brilliant, world-class sports and for being an entertainment venue that delivers events and creates memorable experiences all under one roof.
We are seeking people with exceptional customer service skills to fill the following roles in our Event Team:
- Customer Service Team (Accreditation Control, Queue Monitors, Ushers, Spruikers, Turnstile Attendants)
- Cash Handling Team (Ticker Sellers, Cashiers)
- Parking Attendants
- Venue Set up crew
Join in on the action of great events throughout the year with Marvel Stadium!
We are looking for customer service superstars to help enhance our patrons experience. There are various roles available within our customer experience team including; accreditation control, queue monitors, ushers, spruikers, turnstile attendants, and information support staff.
If you have a strong background in customer service and are looking for an exciting new step into the events sector, apply today!
Our ticketing team are looking for customer service focused applicants, with experience in event ticketing or applicants whom have had Ticketmaster training.
As a ticket seller – you are the face of the gate and are responsible for selling and explaining the various ticketing options for our major events.
Not every day is smooth sailing, and some days you will need to assist in relocating patrons throughout the venue – this is where your customer service skills will shine!
Get away from the hustle and bustle and move ahead with traffic control and parking!
Our carparking attendants deliver exceptional customer service to all parking patrons, on and off event days!
We are looking for quick learners, smart thinkers, and strong minded people to assist in the distribution and direction of our multi-level carpark.
Applicants must be willing to work evenings, and weekends and be confident in cash handling.
Applicants must be eager to learn new skills, including the potential to do technical assistance with parking machines, and various ad-hoc administration.
Venue Set-Up Crew
Interested in going behind the scenes of the action? Want to be an integral part to our major events?
Our Venue Set-Up Crew are fantastic at what they do, and are constantly enhancing and changing the stadium layout for each event.
This team thinks on their feet, lifts heavy and works hard, to pull together amazing displays.
No event is the same, and no day is the same in Venue Set Up. Applicants will need to be available for a varying roster, including overnights and early mornings.
If you’re looking for a fast paced, intensive and rewarding role, this might be for you!
Manual handling training and experience is preferred but not essential.
Applicants with forklift or elevated work platform licenses will be prioritised.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role– essential
- All applicants must be flexible with their hours – our events run during weekdays and weekends (day and night) and Team must have full availability (including availability for 23 rounds of the AFL season) – essential
- You also need to be outgoing, a great communicator across all levels, a problem solver and a team player who has the ability to bring an enthusiastic, positive attitude to work every shift! – essential
- Exceptional presentation in respect to uniform and personal grooming
- Valid National Police History check (mandatory -completed in the last 12 months)
Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted by our team in early January 2020 and invited to an Assessment Centre to be held between the 13th and 17th of January 2020. To be considered you must be available to attend an Assessment Centre.
Casual positions will be offered to successful applicants commencing in February 2020.
How to apply
Applications close midnight Sunday 5th of January 2020. Click the ‘Apply’ button below and submit:
- a cover letter (don’t forget to include the specific role(s) you are applying for)
- a current resume
- a valid National Police History Check
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.