Marvel Stadium’s COVIDSafe Plan is to provide key stakeholders with details on the strategies that are currently being implemented to ensure we are in line with current Victorian Government COVID-19 guidelines.
Marvel Stadium engages a number of contractors to deliver event services including catering, security, medical and cleaning. These contractors are required to comply with Victorian Government COVID-19 Guidelines whilst also taking reasonable direction from the Stadium.
This plan will be reviewed and updated following restrictions relating to COVID-19 change in Victoria and nationally and will remain live as long as COVID-19 remains an identified threat by the Department of Health and World Health Organisation.
Marvel Stadium’s cleaning contractor, Quayclean is responsible for the cleaning, sanitisation and hygiene regime for all events.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the stadium on all levels.
- Enhanced airflow and improving air circulation throughout the stadium.
- A high touch-point cleaning schedule has been established and implemented.
Marvel Stadium will operate as a contactless stadium:
- Cashless: all service transactions resulting in a purchase process. We will not be able to facilitate any cash transactions (exclu. any betting agency transactions).
- Touch-less patron entry: hand-scanners and turnstiles allow for tickets to be scanned without physical contact being made.
Marvel Stadium has a fully functioning car park which has a capacity of over 1,700 vehicles over three levels. All stadium car parks will facilitate social distancing where applicable. Parking will be either prepaid or allocated online prior to each event, both options ensure that remain contactless and cashless.
Patrons will be able to purchase tickets either:
- online (via Ticketmaster)
- at the stadium (Gate 7, subject to availability).
Additionally, tickets will be issued to the buyer’s mobile phone or a hard ticket if purchased at the Stadium – both processes remain contactless.
Mobility impaired patrons will purchase their tickets via Ticketmaster’s Accessible Seating Line, or via the email service for Wheelchair, Companion Card or Special Needs booking requirements.
All ticket purchasers must confirm, for themselves and on behalf of the other patrons they are purchasing for, that they acknowledge and accept the risk in attending an event at Marvel Stadium along with abiding by the most up to date COVID-19 Government directives. This is included in the terms and conditions of purchasing a ticket.
To ensure the safe arrival of all patrons, ingress points have been designed so that we do not create places of mass gathering on the internal/external concourses whilst maintaining social distancing where possible.
Patrons will be allocated a specific gate for entry which is based on their seat location to ensure an even spread of patrons around the stadium.
Attendee expectations regarding mask wearing will be dependent on restrictions being enforced at the time of the event however will be recommended when they can’t socially distance. This will be continuously revisited dependent on Victorian Government guidelines and amended accordingly.
All public amenities within the building including but not limited to; Bathrooms, Parents Room, Sensory Room, Prayer Room have been considered and to ensure they operate in a COVIDSafe manner:
- Each amenity will have signage, indicating correct socially distancing measures.
- Enhanced sanitation and cleaning will be conducted throughout these locations.
Food and Beverage
Marvel Stadium’s catering provider Delaware North is responsible for all catering operations within the stadium. A number of initiatives will be adopted throughout the stadium including all outlets being cashless, additional cleaning and sanitisation and incorporation of social distancing.
- The stadium has a Sensory Room located on Level 3 and has a maximum capacity of 12 people at any given time. If Level 3 is closed for the event, the Sensory Room will be closed.
- Sensory Bags that were available to hire for the event duration will no longer be available, to assist with maintaining good hygiene and reducing touch-points.